I bought 5 quart-sized canning jars from a natural foods market near my house, and now on Sunday night I take a 1/2 hour and assemble lunch for the week! It’s a great time-saver, but more importantly for me it’s a brain-saver: now I don’t have to wonder what to eat for lunch, and my daily veggies are almost completely taken care of from this one meal!
Piyo Totals per salad:
- 1 Protein
- 5 Veg
- 1 fat
- Quart-sized mason jars (we love these)
- Mixed salad greens
- Protein of choice: I often use 1 chopped veggie burger or 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon dressing
Chop up veggies.
Layer into each jar:
- Salad dressing on the bottom
- Carrots or chickpeas next, to protect the greens from the dressing
- The rest of your veggies & protein
When ready to eat, empty the jar into a big bowl, mix up and enjoy! If you’re on the go, mix the salad, then put it back into the jar and take it with you.